Review Of Red Apple Lipstick- Alyssa Eppenauer
Hi! I am Alyssa, the 14 year-old daughter of Gluten Free Mom.
My Mom asked me to review the cosmetic company, Red Apple Lipstick.
All Red Apple Lipstick products are certified gluten free, paraben free, soy free, dairy free and allergen free. This makes my mom happy. I am gluten intolerant and cannot use anything around my lips or mouth that may have gluten in it including toothpaste, chapstick and even lip gloss. This has been hard for me because I want to have fun lip gloss like all of the other girls but I have to be extra careful to make sure mine is safe for me.
I was happy to review this product because I liked the makeup very much. It seemed very comparable to department store brands so I did not feel like I was missing out just because my makeup was gluten free. My sister keep saying that it reminded her of MAC lipstick. It is well made, pretty and unique.
Here is what I thought about the products I tried:
- French Skirt is the first lipstick I reviewed. French Skirt is a light frosty pink color. I thought this shade made me look tanner because of its light color. It’s a good idea to spread some gloss on the shade because it is very frosty and looks better with a colored gloss on top. I liked this lipstick because it has a good taste and spread easily. It’s not sticky like some brands but nice and smooth. Do not overdo French Skirt because it is very bright. Make sure to rub the color in.
- The next lipstick I tested is Secrets. I have lighter lips and this is a lighter shade with a nice color – more of a natural look. Secret also has a good taste and stays on well. The tint is nice and brings out hazel eyes. It made my lips softer and more pastel/ bright. I give it an eight-point-five out of ten.
- The last shade I tested is Rebel. Rebel is a vibrant shade of red that has a good taste and a long lasting color. The color is so lasting that it is hard to rub off and easily stains so be careful. This color is maybe a little too grownup looking for a 14 year old but great for you moms.
- After the lipstick I tested two glosses. The first is called Mint 2 Be. Mint 2 Be is very glossy, smooth and not sticky. Mint 2 Be is not my favorite gloss - I found the smell too strong and the taste over-powering. However, my older sister liked it a lot. This one was not my favorite and I give it a seven-point-five out of ten.
- I also tested a Clear Lip Gloss. It is a sparkly clear lip gloss that looks great on me. It made my lips look like I just licked my lips or drank water. It was really smooth and light. The gloss also lasts well. I give the clear gloss an eight out of ten.
- Eye shadow. I reviewed two colors of eye shadow. These are gluten free mineral eye shadows. The first is Graphite Glam. The color looks silver and sparkly in the container but the actual shade on my eyes was gray and steely. The color was not too bold and nice and cool. It probably would look good with blue-tented eyes. The color is not messy and has a hint of blue.
- The last thing I tested was an eye shadow called Violet Vixen. The shade is a bit darker than it looks but a beautiful shade for green-eyed girls. The color is not messy, spreads easily, and was easy to apply. This is one of my favorites. I rate this and eight-point-five out of ten.
Overall, I really liked this makeup. The makeup is good quality and well made and I enjoyed getting to review it. My mom likes it too because she does not have to worry about it being gluten free! Thanks to Red Apple for sending me three lipsticks, two glosses and two eye shadows to sample.