A new Raising Our Celiac Kids Group has formed in our area. This will be the fifth ROCK Group to be formed in Washington and will be centered in the Bothell Wa area.
R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids) is a free support group for all caregivers of any gluten-free child. All are welcome to come & share their experiences, gluten-free recipes or tips for living gluten-free. This group meets once a month to discuss various topics concerning the gluten-free lifestyle, including:
•Finding "fun" gluten-free treats for kids
• Menu ideas for school lunches, quick dinners, and sports snacks
• Helping kids take responsibility for reading labels, cooking, & preparing food
• How to prepare for unexpected parties & food-oriented activities at school, church,
• Halloween, Easter, & other special days - how do we include our kids safely?
• Educating day-care providers and teachers - without burdening them
• Dealing with grandparents, babysitters, & "helpful" friends who offer gluten-containing foods to our kids
• Sending kids away to camp, friends' houses, & other times when we're not around to help
• The psychological impact of growing up with celiac disease (peer pressure, teenage years, and more)
Sometimes it helps to talk about it, and it always helps to have some guidance when initially diving into the gluten-free diet. R.O.C.K. has free support groups in dozens of cities throughout the country. Parents exchange information & ideas, while kids enjoy gluten-free goodies & play with other gluten-free kids.
For more information, please contact
The next group meeting will be on Sunday, Dec 20th from 2:00 - 4:00 at Pizza Works in the Inglewood area.
Pizza Works serves gluten free pizza & pasta. Space is limited to 20-25 people, so please RSVP to Lynn at email@example.com before December 15th. The topic of discussion will be Packing a School Lunch.
The January meeting will be on January 16th from 2:00 - 5:00 at the Bothell Library. The topic of discussion will be favorite GF books and cookbooks.