The following is a list of our favorite gluten free items
and mainstream items that are also gluten free. It is by no means exhaustive, but merely
the best of the best to us.
If you are a gluten free Mom, then you know ingredients change faster that your child's favorite toy. So ALWAYS double check the ingredients!!
Some of the following are also "made on lines that also manufacture products containing gluten." Whether or not you choose to eat these items is a matter of personal preference. For us, an occasional Cheeto is okay, but we try not to eat these types of foods all of the time.
Send us your favorite GF foods ~ We love to try new things!
Our Gluten Free Pantry
- Enjoy Life semi-sweet chocolate chips These are both gluten and casein free.
- Orgran All Purpose Bread Crumbs
Bread, Bagels, tortillas etc.
- Gluten Free Pantry Favorite Sandwich Bread Mix Is just that, our favorite sandwich bread mix. We have made it both in the bread machine and in the oven. It really is just as easy to prepare either way. My 11 year old makes this bread for herself in the bread maker.
- Whole Foods Bakery Sandwich Bread This is a great ready made bread. We did not try it for a year after being diagnosed, but once we did try it, it immediately became a favorite. The only draw back is that it contains casein.
- Kinnikinnick White Sandwich Bread This is our favorite ready made bread. We use it for everything from my daughter's daily sandwich in her lunch box to Sunday morning french toast. Store in the freezer, microwave two pieces for 30 second, then toast. Made by Kinnikinnick.
- Food for Life Brown Rice Tortillas These whole grain brown rice tortillas are so wonderful. They make excellent quesadillas. You can also bake them for a few minutes and use them like pita chips for dips. Available at Whole Foods.
- Glutino Gluten Free Bagels, plain Keep in the freezer and defrost in the microwave for 30 seconds. Toast, spread with your favorite topping and eat. For cheesy bagels, after you defrost cut in half. Top with butter, olive oil, garlic salt, cheddar and Parmesan cheese. Toast under the broiler until the cheese melts. Yummy!!!!
- Enviro Kids Organic Koala Crisp
- Natures Pantry Honey'd Corn Flakes
- Enjoy Life Cinnamon Crunch granola Great poured over yogurt .
- Lifestream Buckwheat Wildberry Waffles In the freezer section. We eat these more like bread than like waffles. Toast then smear with a peanut butter or top with jam. Of course, they are great with syrup as well.
- Pocono Cream of Buckwheat Top with a little sugar and Cinnamon. Make a extra batch to refrigerate for the next morning then simple rewarm in the microwave.
- Kinnikinnick Maple Dipped Donuts For special treats, or great to throw in the suit case when traveling. If a microwave is handy, we like to warm them up. Very good and more filling than traditional donuts Made by
- Kinnikinnick Chocolate Chip Donuts For special treats, or great to throw in the suit case when traveling. Made by Kinnikinnick.
These are candies that are in addition to your standard M%M's, Hershey bars etc.
- Black Forest Gummy Bears, Glow-Worms and Cherry's by Ferrara Candy Company. These are a favorite.
- Candy Tree Organic Vines This great gluten free licorice is such a special treat and a favorite snack. We order it by the case from Amazon. Click picture below for link.
Amazon has a great gluten free section. We usually also qualify for free shipping. Everything is by the case so only order something you are sure you like. But once you figure out your favorites, this is a great way to shop.
- Glutino Cookies - Lemon Wafers, Vanilla Dreams and Wafer Cookies Love all of these!! One of our favorite cookies.
- WOW Wheat and Gluten Free Cookies and Brownies These are the best of the best. Large, soft and delicious. Much like you would find at the local bakery. At $2.50 a piece they are a special treat, but great to keep in the freezer for that birthday party at school that did not make your calendar. The price reflects the quality of the ingredients - organic ingredients, high quality butter, cane juice.
- Blue Diamond Almond Nut Thins
- Edward & Sons Brown Rice Snaps Our favorite flavor is cheddar. The kids like these with sliced cheddar cheese and Boar's Head Salame.
- Ener G Gourmet Crackers These are pretty similar to saltines.
- Glutino Gluten Free Crackers These are probably our favorite crackers. They taste great! But buyer beware, a lot of times we find that 1/3 of box has broken cracker crumbs in it. Available from Amazon. Click picture below for link.
- Alexia Waffle Fries
- Ian's Chicken Nuggets Free of gluten, casein, eggs, nuts and soy. Great for a quick lunch or date night out for the parents.
- Amy's We love Amy's for making so many great gluten free foods. These are great for sleepovers or when Mom just needs a break. Here are our favorites:
- Rice Mac & Cheese
- Baked Ziti Bowl
- Cheese Pizza
- Spinach Pizza
Gluten Free Mixes
- 123 Gluten Free Sweet Goodness Pan Bars
- 123 Gluten Free Devilishly Decadent Brownie As good as the name. Made by 123 Gluten Free.
- The Cravings Place Chocolate Chunk Cookie Mix This mix makes great cookies that are both gluten and casein free. These also Work great as a pan cookie. I think it is the huge chunks of chocolate that make these so good.
- Namaste Foods Spice Cake We make muffins out of this mix. They are crunchy on the top and soft and yummy on the inside.
- Nutella Hazelnut Spread Great for lunch on one of your gluten free breads.
- Lundberg Rice Express Perfect for a quick lunch. Just microwave for 60 seconds and eat.
- Thai Kitchen Instant Rice Noodle Soup Just add water and microwave for 3 minutes. We only use about 1/3 of the included spices. Serve with San J Organic Tamari Wheat Free Soy Sauce.
Pasta and Rice
- Bi-Aglut Pasta is our absolute favorite pasta. Every kid I have served this to has loved it (celiac and non-celiac a like). The only source we have found for it so far is mail order. Bi-Aglut Pasta at Allergy Grocer.
- Bionaturae Gluten Free Pasta This is our emergency backup pasta when I have forgotten to order more. Not as good as bi-aglut, but easier to find at the grocery store.
- Quinoa Ancient Harvest Pasta Great as well and has the added benefit of being a high quality protein grain.
- Lundberg Risotto - Garlic Primavera Great for lunch or as a dinner side item.
- Annie's Rice Pasta and Cheddar This receives a thumbs up from all of our kids. Tip - to make it thicker and creamier, after cooking and draining the pasta, add a spoonful of butter and the cheese packet. Do not add milk. You will have to stir it longer, but makes a much cheesier pasta.
- Chebe Pizza Mix Takes a little elbow grease to make, but is worth the effort. We will have a pizza crust making day where we make several batches of crust and keep them in the freezer. Made by Chebe.
- Whole Foods Bakery Pizza Shells Ready made pizza shells that you just have to add topping to and cook for 10 minutes at 375. That makes for a pretty easy dinner.
- Kinnikinnick Pizza Shells Ready made pizza shells but these have the extra benefit of being casein free. They also come in a smaller size that is perfect to take to sleepovers. For my complete Kinnikinnick shopping list go to
- Make with Contadina Pizza Squeeze, Cheese and Hormel Canadian Style Bacon or Pepperoni.
- Amy's Frozen Cheese Pizza and Spinach Pizza Thank you to Amy's for making so many great gluten free frozen food items. My kids love this ready made pizza. Find it in the freezer section of your grocery store.
- Amy's Organic Salsa Medium A regular snack for us. Serve with Tostitos.
- Cracker Jacks
- Ener-g Pretzels
- Jo-Sef - Graham Crackers Yes, graham crackers that actually taste like graham crackers. These disappear in a hurry at our house.
- Potato Chips: We love Frito Lays not only for the list of gluten free items they provide on their web site, but also for Cheeto's!! Frito Lay Gluten Free List If the link does not work, search for "Frito Lay Gluten Free list."
- Purfit Nutrition Bar, Almond Crunch These are my favorite bars. They are high in protein, travel well and taste great. www.purefit.com You can order them on their own website, but I add them to my Amazon.com order.
- Organic Food Bar Belgium Chocolate Chip These are my daughters favorite bars. We find them at Whole Foods. www.organicfoodbar.com
- Larabar Apple Pie These are not necessarily a favorite. But good before soccer practice and in the car.
This and That
Lil Critters Gummy Vites, Multi-vitamin & Mineral Formula (220 Count) These are multi-vitamin dietary supplements that look and taste like Gummy Bears. My kids consider these a treat.
Where to Shop for Gluten Free Food
- Amazon.com is a great resource for gluten free items. They come in bulk, usually six to an order, so it is best to order items you know you like. We tend to go through food pretty rapidly and I like to keep extra stashes of food on hand in case of an emergency (such as Mom gets sick), so I like ordering the bulk items. As an extra bonus, you can usually receive free shipping.
- 123 Gluten Free Products manufactured in a dedicated gluten-free (and peanut-free and nut-free) kosher facility utilizing only gluten-free ingredients. We have liked every 123 Gluten Free mix that we have tried. Our favorites are definitely the:
- Devilishly Decadent Brownies
- Sweet Goodness Pan Bars We make these with pumpkin and top with cream cheese frosting. Everyone loves them.
Chebe makes our favorite pizza mix and bread sticks. We order by the case so we always have some on hand.
- Kinnikinnick We love kinnikinnick!! The products are manufactured in a dedicated gluten free and casein free facility.