When I sat down at my computer six years ago and started blogging as the Gluten Free Mom, I did not dream that Gluten Free would be so important and that my website would grow to what it is now.
I started the Gluten Free Mom blog and website after I traveled to New York City with my Gluten Free Kid for the first time. This was back before Gluten Free was an everyday term. Knowing we would be staying at a hotel without a kitchen, I spent hours researching where we could eat. We found fabulous GF food in NYC and it seemed crazy to me to let that research hide in my personal files on my computer. Wouldn’t it be great if I could share this information for the next person who travels to NYC and is looking for somewhere safe to eat?
And with that, the Gluten Free Mom blog and website was launched. Over the years, it has grown and grown as more and more people have started eating Gluten Free. In fact, so much has happened in the Gluten Free world that my blog and website became outdated.
My goal with the new and improved Gluten Free Mom website is to create a website that provides the resources that I, as a gluten free mom myself, would want. The website still has all of the information for those just starting out on the GF diet, along with tips and recommendations for living GF. But we added some great new features I hope you will love including:
- The Best Gluten Free Products: This is not just a laundry list of every GF product available. Instead, we’ve provided our view of the “Best of the Best.” We’ve tried all of these products and they have our stamp of approval. Of course, opinions vary, so we added the ability for you to rate and review products as well. The products listed are just the beginning, as we plan to add new products weekly.
- Gluten Free Recipes: Here you will find some of our favorite recipes. Again, not simply a laundry list of all great GF recipes, but recipes that have been tried and tested by us. While most of the recipes can be converted to Dairy Free (and the instructions are included), we have added the ability to filter the recipes within each section by dietary concern including Dairy Free, Corn Free, Egg Free, and Soy Free. Additionally, you now have the ability to rate and review the recipes and to leave comments with your tweaks and suggestions. We’ve started with some of our favorite recipes but will be adding more weekly. Sign up for the Newsletter at the end of this post to get weekly updates.
- Traveling and Dining Out: Looking for somewhere to eat GF in Seattle, New York, or Paris? Well, this is definitely the place to look. From my original post on where to eat GF in New York, our favorite GF restaurant reviews in many of our favorite locales have grown! But why just trust my opinion? Now you can add your own comments and ratings. New restaurants will be added regularly.
- News and Updates: As a Gluten Free consumer there is a continuing flow of information that you need to know to stay safe. This section will include short notes on issues such as product recalls, new GF products, and new medical research.
- GFM Blog: Finally, my blog has a new home located right within my website! Now that this huge project is launched, I plan on posting regularly to the blog. More about that later.
Take a look around and let me know what you think – we already have a list of a few new functions that will be adding in October. I really hope you find the new website useful and that it makes your Life, Gluten Free just a little easier.